Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yay For Being Single.


So I have kind of been reading this book on and off. I say on and off b/c with school it's hard to find time to really read what I want. But school is over and I can read all I want. Anyway, the book is Better Single Than Sorry by Jen Schefft. She was on the the bachelor and turned down the proposal; then she was on the Bachelorette and didn't ask either guy to marry her. It is a really good book about being a single 20-something and not only accepting it, but being proud and happy about it.


She has this list call "50 Reasons Why It's Great to be Single." I liked it and wanted to share a few of them with you.
-You have no responsibilities to anyone else but yourself.
-You shave your legs only when you feel like it.
- The toilet seat is always down.
- You don't have to watch your boyfriend play video games.
- You have the whole bed to yourself.
- Watching whatever you want on TV.
- No one steals the blanket when you're asleep.
- The alarm clock is set for when you need to wake up, and not earlier.
- You can go to events with friends and not worry about your boyfriend fitting in.
- No guys over for the big game.
- The possibility of meeting someone special.
- You no longer "get in trouble."
-That all-consuming lust that you only experience at the beginning of a relationship.
-The only morning breath you have to deal with is your own.
That's only a few from the list, but I hope it made you smile.
Always- LSG
[all credit for 50 Reasons Why it's Great to be Single to Better Single than Sorry by Jen Schefft, copyright 2007 by Jen Schefft.]

6 comments:

  1. All good, but then there's the negatives.

    * You have no one to share your troubles with
    * You have no-one to cuddle when you need it
    * You miss out on the great sex that only a close couple can get (one night stands rarely leave you thinking *OMG*)

    Most importantly:

    You don't have that special person you can always rely on. That person who would march into the fires of Hell for you without a second thought. That person who when every other bastard has let you down, they're there for you and will never betray you.

    Being single is great. But it also sucks donkey cock, too :-$

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Mark (damnit, I'm such a Charlotte) but I am going to grab this book right now. Literally.

    I think if you can be content being single, that's fantastic, but sometimes it's just nice to have someone to share life with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book discusses that being single isn't the best choice but sometime it is a choice. She discusses how important it is to not settle just to have someone to fill that spot. It's better to be single than to settle. I know how great it is to be in a relationship, but I choose being single over settling.

    She also talks about living in a world that is telling you to get married. About how to stand up for yourself when others may think you are worthless because you can't get a man, or woman. It's not about not being able to get a man, but choosing to hold out for the ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the Charlotte thing. She did settle in the beginning. She wanted to be married so bad she settled for Trey. Then she held out and got the perfect man for her, Harry. Of course you already know all this. But Charlotte can teach us a lot about "better single than sorry."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! It's definitely better to be single than with the wrong man aka sorry. I think I'm going to like this book. It's on my nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got the book. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete