Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frustrated

It's hard to feel compassion when your best friend finally breaks up with her douchebag boyfriend. It took you a year and a half to kick him to the curb. I would have done it a long time ago. But now she is sad. She says she loves him and what if he's the one. Well if he was the one he wouldn't be such an asshole; at least that's my opinion. She deserves better but I fear she will go back to him so she is not alone. I want to be supportive but it is really hard listening to talk and talk and talk about whether she made the right decision. And every reason I give her for why it was right she has a counter-attack for some stupid thing he did like carry her purse. Yeah, that's why you should date him, because he carries your purse. Forget that he cheated on you and may never amount to anything in life. I feel like a total bitch, but really I have been listening to this for far too long.

How do I be supportive but still state my opinion? How did I be supportive and not go crazy listening to the all the stupids reasons why she loves him?

Always- LSG

1 comment:

  1. You've gotta try and be supportive without giving your opinion.

    I learned a long time ago that you can never truly change someone's opinion - they have to figure it out for themselves.

    She probably knows that you think the guy is a complete tool, but telling her again isn't gonna change anything.

    And how did you put up with it without going crazy? Well that's easy... she's your closest friend :-)

    ReplyDelete