Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Intrigued

I picked up my friend from work today, and we hung out for a bit before I had to go to dinner with the Fam. This friend is probably one of my best guy friends. We were at my apartment and I was talking to him about John and how I just need to stop hanging out with him. I hung out with John the night before. This guy friend is also really good friends with John. Suddenly he says to me, 'well why don't you and I date.' I say, 'what, that doesn't make sense in my head.' He says, 'well it does in mine.'

Guy Friend and I have always had a sexual tension between us. I have tried to get with him before, but he said that we were too good of friends. I bring this up in our conversation and he tells me that the time wasn't right then.

After dinner we meet back up to go to the bar. He brings up the two of us dating again. He then said something about us being good friends. I tell him that I am really intrigued by the idea, but we are close friends. I have dated friends before. Not such a great idea. He says he has always thought I was cute and has always liked me. I have had a crush on him since I have met him. We met like 3 or 4 years ago.

I'm thinking I shouldn't make any decisions and just go with the flow. He isn't really boyfriend material, but I do like him. I mean he is one of my best friends. If something happens then it happens. If it doesn't then we stay friends. He did text when he got home tonight telling me how much fun he had hanging out with me today and that we should do it again. Of course we will hang out again. We talk all the time. Just something new to happen today. I'm still intrigued by the idea of Guy Friend and me, but not gonna say ' yes, lets date.'

Always- LSG

4 comments:

  1. I think going with the flow is a good idea. Making a conscious decision of "Yes, we are going to date," tends to add unneeded pressure. But... if he's not boyfriend material, why waste time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he's friends with John? I'd seriously give that the swerve.

    That's got grief written all over it. Not only that, you don't want them comparing notes and giving you marks outta ten for technique, do you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John knows that I have always had a little crush on Guy Friend and he always has said he wouldn't care if I got with him. I don't know if he meant it or was just saying that. The whole them being friends thing doesn't really bother me at all. Plus I need to stop seeing John anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd agree with the thing about needing to stop seeing John, but I'm not sure this is the right way forward.

    None of my friends would ever hook up with a girl that I had, and vice versa. It's kind of an unwritten rule - no sloppy seconds.

    I'm picturing a scene in a bar where John turns to Guy Friend and says "hey, does she do that thing in bed where..."

    ReplyDelete