Monday, June 22, 2009

A MOH Speech

Sorry I have not posted in like a week. I really don't know why. I may not have been writing, but I have been reading.

A girl a work, who I have become friends with, is the Maid of Honor for her friend's wedding on Saturday. All day at work she was trying to come up with a speech for the reception. She was having no luck at all. She started looking up MOH speeches on the internet. She is the receptionist and everytime I would walk by she would read me another speech. They were all awful. I told her she was not allowed to read any of them. Then she told me to write a speech for her. I was like are you kidding. Any speech I wrote would begin by asking if they signed a pre-nup then move on to whether on not marriage was a good idea. So, yea, I'm the office cynic. She really wanted to see what I could do so I went home and ended up writing her a speech.

Now I wouldn't say I am that great of a writer or anything. Writing papers was the hardest part of college for me. I was just laying there and this simple little speech came to me so I wrote it down. Work Friend really liked it and said she would use it and thought it was awesome. Here is what I wrote...

" The idea of having to write this speech and recite it in front of a room of people kind of freaked me out. I don’t think I am that clever with advice, and I am probably not that funny when it comes to jokes. I could probably to a good job of being cheesy, however.

I tried googling Maid of Honor speeches to try and get some ideas. You know, just to get the brain in the wedding speech kind of mode. It wasn’t helpful though. Nothing came close to what I wanted to say about Bride and Groom.

So I finally just say down and wrote. This is what I came up with. Please don’t laugh.

First I would like to thank Bride for allowing me the privilege of being her Maid of honor. It really is an honor. I would probably do anything for her.

When I think of Bride I think of (three things about her). When I think of Groom I think of (three things about him). But when they are together I think of (three things about them as a couple).

Bride and Groom, really are a wonderful couple. Seeing the two of them together is proof that the greatest gift from God is love. Even those who not have experienced this type of love can look at Bride and Groom and know that there is something extra special between him. I see it. I can’t not see it.

Everyone deserves to find a love like this.

(now look at couple) A love that is dependable, true, and righteous. I pray that God will continue to flourish in your lives. And I hope others can look to you both as an example of true love."

The End. Hope you enjoyed it.
Always- LSG

3 comments:

  1. I had flashbacks from the MOH speech on Wedding Crashers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly writing a wedding speech is a tough and puzzling task. You have done a brilliant job. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete