Saturday, July 25, 2009

Old and SIngle

Last night I went to a party at Crush's house. He and his two roommates were hosting a beer pong tournament/ party. I don't play beer pong bc I don't enjoy chugging Keystone, that is Oklahoma 3.2 Keystone. I usually bring wine and my favourite Belgium beer to these sorts of parties.

I did end up having a lot of fun, but I was the only single girl there. Of course a lot of the guys were single, but I was the only single girl. Sara was there with her husband. CT is a roommate so his girlfriend was there. Best Friend was there with Object of Affection. Sara's husband's bro and his gf. And another married couple. Those were the couples. Plus like 10 other guys and me. One would think this would be awesome for a single girl. All the guys to myself and no competition. It was actually really weird being the only single girl.

When I realized this fact I mentioned it to best friend and Sara. Best Friend was like, 'you are not the only single girl here because I am single too.' Um no. You came with a date, Best Friend. A date who is your boyfriend. You are not single at this party. But she continued how she wasn't married and that meant if she filled out any type of form she would mark the single box. While this maybe true she was still attached at this party. She was not single for the night. She wouldn't give up her single status, which was very annoying to both her boyfriend and I.

Crush works at the local golf course with many others who were at the party. At one point they invited another girl. Another single girl. Another single girl who is the beer girl at the golf course. Another single girl who is the beer girl at the golf course who is also 19 and hot. I have never felt so old in my life. I will be 24 in just 3 months but hanging out with this 19 year old chippy made me feel ancient. I think it was because she works with Crush and I got the vibe that she had a thing for him. I have always been the girl that other girls had to compete with and they lost. Now I felt I was having to compete with a fresh out of high school 19 year old hottie.

Eventually it got late and all the other girls were gone expect for me and the 19 year old. After spending time with her she actually seemed really cool but I still don't want to compete for Crush's attention with her. By the way, Crush is 26 in two months. When she wanted to drive home, Crush told her maybe she should sleep on the couch. She went to her car to get pjs. While she was gone I was on the porch with the guys. CT was like you all better not hit on her or take advantage of her if she stays the night. I was like um isn't she only 19. They said they would never do such a thing.

I wonder if Crush would really date someone that was 19. I know I wouldn't. Anyway. She ended up drving home and I left like 30 minutes later. I still want to get at Crush. He is just so yummy.

Always- LSG

3 comments:

  1. i know exactly how you feel... although a lot of my friends are much older (30-40 yrs old) i'm also the single one, yet i'm the young single one. i went to a bbq last night and i was the only person not married with a family. it somewhat gives me hope that hopefully one day i will be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading ur blog too Single Girl :)
    and by the way, take it from someone who is an ancient almost 27 yr old. you are NOT old. you're a nubile young thing. 19 yr olds don't have our skills. yes, repeat that to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, a 19 year old doesnt have our skills. I know I am not old. But man to feel competitive with a 19 year old.

    ReplyDelete