Monday, July 20, 2009

Problems with Friends & An Update

There is a girl I have posted about. I call her my best friend, but my posts about her are usually rants. She is more like my best frenemy. We have been friends since high school. We got really close our 2nd year of college. Now we seem to be on very different paths. I see it and my friend Sara sees it. But I don't know that she does. She called me her best friend the other day. The worst part is is that she doesn't have a lot of friends.

Lately the problem with her is that everything seems to feel like a competition with her. She is always trying to one up me or at least get on equal grounds with me. I know she wasn't happy when I graduated because she was going to need to go another year. I work for a law firm. As long as I have worked for a law firm she has been trying to do the same. She finally found a law firm to work for a few months ago, but has had to put in her notice because it is in shambles and money is running out quick.

One time, this past fall, she freaked out over me dating this guy. He was one of my good friends. And he has said he had a crush on her. She had a boyfriend and said she would never date him even if she was single. Well when he and I started to date she flipped out, saying that she wanted to be with him, but didn't want to break it off with her boyfriend. Oh and then she mentioned something about how I get all the guys, how I am so pretty, how I get every man I want and she doesn't. Her words; not mine.

Well lately we have joined Sara's group. Which consists mainly of her, her husband, Jack, CT, CT's g/f, Crush, and Best Friends new object of affection. Well it seems to be a competition for the group with her. Object of Affection has been out of town a few weeks; now that he is back things are going into high gear. I really like hanging out with these guys. They like to party and have fun, but aren't idiots or druggies like my old friends. They like to stay up late and so do I. Best Friend doesn't like to drink, or stay up late, muchless go out. I can tell she gets upset when I go out with them and she doesn't go or when she leaves early and I stay.

She and Object of Affection went to a party with the group and extended group on Saturday. I did not feel like going. It was a poker party and I don;t play poker. Plus I got really wasted the night before and stayed up past 6AM. She seemed to make sure I knew what a good time she had at this party. How she had to take home and drunk Jack and that the guys seem to want her to go to a major football game in the fall that consists of travel to a neighboring state.

Now I am not jealous of her having a boyfriend. I could care less. I do seem to be jealous that she is gonna get closer to these guys thru Object of Affection and leave me out. I know she will spend time with them and I will never get invited. I guess she doesnt have to invite me to hang out bc she is with her boyfriend. Anyway I feel I am rambling. I do hate seeing her flirt with Crush and put her arms on him. It just pisses me off. He is not mine, I know. But she knows I like him. She used to do this with John all the time. She was call him, text him, hang out with him, and go to dinner with him.

JOHN UPDATE:
10 days ago was the last time I saw John. The next day I decided we would not date anymore. I felt awkward calling to tell him this so I would wait til he contacted me next to tell him. It has been 10 days and I have not heard from him. Not even a text. Does he not think we were dating, because he is the one that wanting to start dating. Here are the options:
A- he is an asshole
B- he is an asshole and won't contact me until he is horny
C- he realized what i realized. maybe he wants to breakup too.
In the case of C, that would be awesome. A breakup with out having to do the breakup. We just stop talking which actually is very fine with me.

Always- LSG

No comments:

Post a Comment